A Tribeca Treat?
Like a good neighbor I thought I would visit the new bakery that just opened next to our office called "Tribeca Treats". Every day since it opened about a month ago tempting smells of chocolate and cake baking come traveling thru the office vents and the open bathroom window.
However, after my first visit today I just have to report that I had a serious I can't believe how expensive NY moment is. These little cookies pictured at right, actually the size of a quarter are a whopping $1.35 a piece!!!! I ate the little thing in 2 bites. I am embarrassed to say I spent the money. I can get a vegan, oat, low fat, organic, gluten free cookie 8 x this size at Whole Foods for the same price :) I don't know what is more crazy that they charge that much for a one bite cookie or that people actually pay it!!
image shown at right larger than actual size
No comments:
Post a Comment