1.09.2006

Home Sweet Home



Since this Women's Residence as they call it is becoming such a big part of my first days in New York, I thought I should make a short post about it.

It's small and not so private, but seems to be the perfect place to transition into this city and it's located in the area known as Chelsea, which I am learning is a great part of New York City.

The company is good too; I am meeting women/girls from all over the world. I have spent most of my evenings and breakfast speaking with one girl from Germany. One evening she told me all about how her family had immigrated from East to West Germany before the Wall fell. Anyway, I learned a lot from her sharing all over one meal here. Not all meals are so insightful, but most provide some interesting company coming to New York for all different reasons.

How long I will be here is unclear, but each day it seems to grow on me more and more. The Nuns that run the place are a blog post in themselves, but I’ll save that for later.....

No comments: