i dropped the ball
What they never say on the news at New Years is that all those people in the freezing rain at Times Square have actually been there for 5+ hours. I only learned this fact last night after attempting to enter the area around 9:00pm only to be told to by several police blockades several times to continue north. 40 blocks later I was finally told that no one else was entering the area for the rest of the night and the only way to have a chance in is to start heading that way around
So after my very crowded and lively walk up 9th ave. those 40 blocks with thousands of New Yorkers and tourist from all over the world I promptly turned around and made it home just in time to watch that silly ball drop on tv!!! hmmm so now I know for further reference. However, I can't imagine ever subjecting myself to 6+ hours in
I do have to say the walk up
Happy New Year from New York everyone!!

No comments:
Post a Comment